List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carlos Williams Date:March 2 2010 6:15pm
Subject:Remove 'debian-sys-maint' Account?
View as plain text
I am using Debian 'Squeeze' / Testing on with MySQL 5.1.41-3
installed. It is a fresh install and I was checking all the system
accounts and noticed that Debian has a 'debian-sys-maint' account on
'localhost'. Has anyone ever removed this account? Do I need it or can
I safely remove this account? I don't understand why it's there. I
don't want to break MySQL even though there is no data or databases on
this machine but I would like to keep this as clean as possible.

Thanks for any input.

-Carlos
Thread
Remove 'debian-sys-maint' Account?Carlos Williams2 Mar
  • Re: Remove 'debian-sys-maint' Account?Ian Simpson3 Mar
  • Re: Remove 'debian-sys-maint' Account?nixofortune3 Mar
  • Re: Remove 'debian-sys-maint' Account?Johan De Meersman3 Mar