List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Reina Date:March 2 2010 4:17pm
Subject:redirecting query output?
View as plain text
I have a perl script that periodically reads and enters (via perl->DBI parsed system
output (about received faxes) into a table.  Since the old output is repeated I have put,
when creating the table, the UNIQUE key on the field of the faxname, which is always
different (something like fax000007879.tif)

Every time the script is run many of the old faxes that have already been entered into the
table are still on the server (as I would like them to be).  As a result MySQL via
execute() dutifully warns about all the duplicate errors. Is there anyway to redirect
that output so the it does not appear as standard output? Or is it a bad idea to do so
and should I being doing a different sort ow query altogether?

Thanks,

Richard
Thread
redirecting query output?Richard Reina2 Mar
  • Re: redirecting query output?Olaf Stein2 Mar
  • Re: redirecting query output?Chris W2 Mar