List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:February 26 2010 2:30am
Subject:Re: Using symlinks for database creation in mysql
View as plain text
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Johan De Meersman <vegivamp@stripped> wrote:
> I don't think using a dot is a good idea - that's the table.field separator.

Right.  Even if mysqld didn't complain about the directory name, just
try using a '.' character in an identifier.  It's a syntax error, no
matter how it's quoted, as I recall.  (Shockingly, I don't have a
server available to test this assertion on at the moment.)
Thread
Re: Using symlinks for database creation in mysqlManasi Save19 Feb
  • Re: Using symlinks for database creation in mysqlJohan De Meersman22 Feb
    • Re: Using symlinks for database creation in mysqlBaron Schwartz26 Feb
Re: Using symlinks for database creation in mysqlManasi Save19 Feb
  • RE: Using symlinks for database creation in mysqlDaevid Vincent19 Feb