List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jesse Date:February 25 2010 11:38pm
Subject:Re: What is "unusually high" for the # of connections to MySQL?
View as plain text
Thank you so much for the reply.  I think we may have stepped outside of the MySQL realm
now, but here is what I know:

* At least a couple times, recycling the application pool started things right up, but
that did not always work.
* When this is going on, I cannot even get to a page itself, let alone execute a function
that runs a query.
* One time when this happened, we moved the entire app to an OLD WS03 server.  It had only
2 GB, I believe, and it ran like champ after that. Due to "circumstances beyond our
control", we had to move it back to the WS08 server, and here we are again with the same
problem.
* I can log on to the server, no problem.  I can also log on to MySQL and run queries.  I
would think that if the database server were the problem, I would not be able to do that.
* Do do frequently get errors when this is occurring. These are asp.net errors.  here are
a few of those:
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: error connecting: Timeout expired
    System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Could not find specified column in results
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing
connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
    42000You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your
MySQL server version for the right syntax to use  near ''SHOW VARIABLE''
    Key cannot be null

The list goes on. As you can see, the errors are all over the board. Some make sense, some
do not. For instance, the "you have an error in your sql" does not, because this same area
of code works perfectly Many times throughout the day, and I or no one else has changed
it. Plus, the one stating ''SHOW VARIABLE''  makes no sense at all.  I have not executed
such a function in my code.

Thanks,
Jesse