List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carsten Pedersen Date:February 23 2010 12:52pm
Subject:Re: slow queries not being logged
View as plain text
You might want to read the comments to this posting:
http://www.bitbybit.dk/carsten/blog/?p=116

Several tools/methods for controlling and analyzing the slow query log are
suggested there.

Best,

/ Carsten

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:09:30 +0530, Ananda Kumar <anandkl@stripped>
wrote:
> slow query log will also have sql's which are not using indexes(doing
full
> table scan).
> May be those queries with "ZERO SECOND" run on small table without using
>
> regards
> anandkl
>
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Machiel Richards
> <machielr@stripped>wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>

>>                I found my problem and this was kind of a blonde moment
>>                for
>> me...
>>

>>                When configuring the log_slow_queries parameter, it was
>> configured as follows:  log_slow_queries=1
>>

>>                This the file being created is called 1 and the 1 does
not
>> mean it is enabled.
>>

>>                I have fixed this now but need to wait for a gap to
reboot
>> again to have it set properly. (have to live with the filename 1 for
the
>> time being.)
>>

>>                I did however find something interesting though, while
>> looking at the queries being logged.
>>

>>                The slow_query_time is set to 2 (2 seconds i am
assuming)
>> however all the queries being logged states that it ran for 0 seconds.
>>

>>                I am busy doing explain plans on some of them now but
not
>> really sure what to look for yet (Rather new to MySQL and hope google
>> will
>> have some answers J  )
>>

>> Thank you

Thread
slow queries not being loggedMachiel Richards23 Feb
  • RE: slow queries not being loggedJohn Daisley23 Feb
    • RE: slow queries not being loggedMachiel Richards23 Feb
      • Re: slow queries not being loggedAnanda Kumar23 Feb
        • Re: slow queries not being loggedCarsten Pedersen23 Feb