List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:February 22 2010 10:23pm
Subject:Partitioning
View as plain text
I’d like to know your opinions about partitioning the following table. Here’s
the relevant snippet:

Create Table: CREATE TABLE `prod_price` (

  `prod_price_id` varchar(15) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

  `prod_id` varchar(15) DEFAULT NULL,

…

  PRIMARY KEY (`prod_price_id`),

  KEY `prod_id` (`prod_id`)

) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

Here’s the deal. The primary key, `prod_price_id`, is rarely used. Prices, as you
might expect, are fetched by `prod_id`. Both keys are randomly  generated strings.
(Before you ask, I am not a mental health professional and am therefore not qualified to
judge my predecessor.)

How could I partition this table in a useful way?

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz

195 Farmington Ave.

Farmington, CT 06032

860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341

 <http://www.the-infoshop.com> www.the-infoshop.com

Thread
PartitioningJerry Schwartz22 Feb
  • Re: PartitioningJohan De Meersman23 Feb
    • RE: PartitioningJerry Schwartz23 Feb
RE: PartitioningJohn Daisley 23 Feb
  • RE: PartitioningJerry Schwartz23 Feb