List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tomasz Chmielewski Date:February 22 2010 1:48pm
Subject:Re: can't dump a database with views: "stack smashing detected ***:
mysqldump terminated"
View as plain text
On 22.02.2010 13:04, Jesper Wisborg Krogh wrote:
> On 22/02/2010, at 9:20 PM, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>
>> When I try to dump a database which contains views, mysqldump crashes:
>>
>> # mysqldump -u root --opt --password=secret database > dump.sql
>> *** stack smashing detected ***: mysqldump terminated
>> Aborted
>> #
>>
>> I use MySQL 5.0.89-0.glibc23 binaries from MySQL website.
>>
>> Is it a known problem? Are there any solutions to it?
>
> I have seen the exact same issue on some (but not all) installations if
> the view has been declared wrong, e.g. referencing a non-existing
> column. A SHOW CREATE VIEW ... has been enough in those cases to cause
> the crash.

Hmm, I updated to 5.0.90, and it works fine now (mysqldump doesn't crash).

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org

Thread
can't dump a database with views: "stack smashing detected ***: mysqldumpterminated"Tomasz Chmielewski22 Feb
  • Re: can't dump a database with views: "stack smashing detected ***: mysqldump terminated"Jesper Wisborg Krogh22 Feb
    • Re: can't dump a database with views: "stack smashing detected ***:mysqldump terminated"Tomasz Chmielewski22 Feb