List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manasi Save Date:February 19 2010 11:41am
Subject:Re: Using symlinks for database creation in mysql
View as plain text
Hi Johan,

Some time back you have solved my problem of creating symlink as
database was fixed. But now When I am putting special characters in
symlinks like "." it is not readable as database. If I am creating
database with special characters from mysql command line I can create
it but an symlink with special character is not readable.

Is it possible that I can read a symplink with special characters as databse.

Thanks in advance.

Manasi Save

Quoting Johan De Meersman <vegivamp@stripped>:
> Given that you're talking about "quite a few" folders, I think it'd be good
> to check up on the theoretical and practical limits for your filesystem of
> choice, though - ext2 for example starts getting noticeably slower when you
> have a lot more than 10.000 entries in the same directory. One way of
> getting around that would be segmenting your database names in blocks of
> three or so (so "database" would be stored under dat/aba/se/<datafiles>).
> Takes a bit of management, but then you already have something in place to
> create the symlinks anyway.
>
> Also, as a matter of manageability, I'd not put your real database dirs
> somwhere where there is other stuff - make a separate directory and keep
> them all there.
>
> Another point of note, but I suppose you already know that, is that this
> will not work with InnoDB unless you have the file-per-table option enabled.
>

> -- Bier met grenadyn
> Is als mosterd by den wyn
> Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
> Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Thread
Re: Using symlinks for database creation in mysqlManasi Save19 Feb
  • Re: Using symlinks for database creation in mysqlJohan De Meersman22 Feb
    • Re: Using symlinks for database creation in mysqlBaron Schwartz26 Feb
Re: Using symlinks for database creation in mysqlManasi Save19 Feb
  • RE: Using symlinks for database creation in mysqlDaevid Vincent19 Feb