List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joerg Bruehe Date:February 17 2010 11:25am
Subject:Re: mysql and tomcat
View as plain text
Ted, all,

Ted Yu wrote:
> Hi,
> In our deployment, mysql needs to be started before tomcat automatically
> after server restart.
>
> If you know how this order can be specified, please share.
>
> We use tomcat6 on Linux tyu-linux 2.6.18-128.2.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue Jul 14
> 06:36:37 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I'm happy you at least tell us it is on Linux, there are many inquiries
that forget to name even the basic OS used.

That said, AFAIK there are still some different ways how to handle the
"init" scripts which control the automatic start/stop of services, and
these different ways are used by different distributions.

So you need to check the way in which your distribution does handle
these scripts in "/etc/init.d".

Typically, the scripts should contain fields like "Required-Start" and
"Required-Stop" which are used to list dependencies. Then, there are
programs "insserv" or "chkconfig" that evaluate these fields and create
symbolic links for the various run levels that ensure the start/stop is
done in the proper sequence.

Sorry, I can't be more specific than this, but I hope this gives you the
proper pointers to find the specifics for your distribution.

HTH,
Jörg

--
Joerg Bruehe,  MySQL Build Team,  Joerg.Bruehe@stripped
Sun Microsystems GmbH,   Komturstraße 18a,   D-12099 Berlin

Thread
mysql and tomcatTed Yu17 Feb
  • Re: mysql and tomcatJoerg Bruehe17 Feb
    • Re: mysql and tomcatAnanda Kumar17 Feb