List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:February 8 2010 3:00pm
Subject:Re: MyISAM no table lock
View as plain text
On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Steve Staples <sstaples@stripped> wrote:

> Hi there.
> I was reading last week (and of course, i can't find it now) something
> about
> 'nicifying' a query, so taht it doesn't lock the table...
> How is this done?   I've read so much stuff lately, that i can't find it
> for
> the life of me, and google is not being my friend :(

Maybe Google feels that you haven't been a partiicularly good friend to
them, of late ? :-)

"Nicifying" a query is not something you can write a manual for, alas.

EXPLAIN your queries.

If you need little data, see if you can pad it to the index you use -
that'll prevent additional disk reads.

InnoDB will help your inserts not block.

Avoid full table scans. Avoid outer joins, they cause full table scans.

et cetera ad nauseam.

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

MyISAM no table lockSteve Staples8 Feb
  • Re: MyISAM no table lockJohan De Meersman8 Feb
    • RE: MyISAM no table lockSteve Staples8 Feb