List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Olaf Stein Date:February 5 2010 4:11pm
Subject:Re: Help optimizing settings?
View as plain text
In general you need to adjust your server settings to actually use the new RAM.
This depends on various things, storage engines used, what else runs on the box, etc.

In addition you should look at your schema, see if you have the right indices for what
you want to do.
E.g. All columns that you use in joins as well as all columns you use with where, order
and group should be indexed

Olaf