List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ilya Kazakevich Date:February 5 2010 3:07pm
Subject:RE: Help optimizing settings?
View as plain text
Which MySQL server do you use?
What is your storage engine?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken D'Ambrosio [mailto:ken@stripped]
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 5:26 PM
To: mysql@stripped
Subject: Help optimizing settings?

I've got a fairly large -- 100+ GB -- MySQL database.  It isn't accessed
often -- it's acting more as an archive right now than anything else.
That being said, when it does get accessed, the indeces seem to take forever
to load.  Being as I just bumped the RAM from 2 GB to 6 GB, what,
generically, would be the best way to go forward to take advantage of the
extra RAM?

Thanks!

-Ken