List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ken D'Ambrosio Date:February 5 2010 2:26pm
Subject:Help optimizing settings?
View as plain text
I've got a fairly large -- 100+ GB -- MySQL database.  It isn't accessed
often -- it's acting more as an archive right now than anything else.
That being said, when it does get accessed, the indeces seem to take
forever to load.  Being as I just bumped the RAM from 2 GB to 6 GB, what,
generically, would be the best way to go forward to take advantage of the
extra RAM?

believed to be clean.

Help optimizing settings?Ken D'Ambrosio5 Feb
  • Re: Help optimizing settings?Johan De Meersman5 Feb
  • RE: Help optimizing settings?Ilya Kazakevich5 Feb
  • Re: Help optimizing settings?Olaf Stein5 Feb