List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wagner Bianchi Date:January 29 2010 10:49pm
Subject:Re: WAMP vs LAMP
View as plain text
*Hi JS,*

I never see socket file on MS Windows...are you sure about it? But, the
other question is "*yes*", if you make a connection with the MySQL Server
(mysqld) using -h localhost, you will connect with the server using a socket
file (linux only), but, if you make using -h 127.0.0.1, TCP/IP will be use.

*See this: *

*--protocol<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/connecting.html#option_general_protocol>Value
* *Connection Protocol* *Allowable Operating Systems*  TCP TCP/IP connection
to local or remote server All  SOCKET Unix socket file connection to local
server *Unix only*  PIPE Named-pipe connection to local or remote
server Windows
only  MEMORY Shared-memory connection to local server Windows only
*Source*: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/connecting.html
--
Wagner Bianchi

2010/1/29 Jerry Schwartz <jschwartz@stripped>

> [...]

Thread
Event feature already working in Server 5.1.37Philipp Maske [Location Bretagne]24 Jan
  • RE: Event feature already working in Server 5.1.37Daevid Vincent26 Jan
    • Re: Event feature already working in Server 5.1.37Dan Nelson26 Jan
      • RE: Event feature already working in Server 5.1.37Daevid Vincent26 Jan
        • Re: Event feature already working in Server 5.1.37Shawn Green27 Jan
          • Re: Event feature already working in Server 5.1.37Wagner Bianchi27 Jan
          • RE: Event feature already working in Server 5.1.37Jerry Schwartz27 Jan
            • Re: Event feature already working in Server 5.1.37Johan De Meersman27 Jan
              • WAMP vs LAMPJerry Schwartz28 Jan
                • how to get the name of primary key ?曹凯1 Feb
                  • Re: how to get the name of primary key ?Thiyaghu CK1 Feb
                    • RE: how to get the name of primary key ?曹凯1 Feb
                  • Re: how to get the name of primary key ?Jesper Wisborg Krogh1 Feb
                    • RE: how to get the name of primary key ?曹凯1 Feb
                      • Re: how to get the name of primary key ?prabhat kumar1 Feb
        • Re: Event feature already working in Server 5.1.37Johan De Meersman27 Jan
          • Re: Event feature already working in Server 5.1.37Shawn Green27 Jan
            • Re: Event feature already working in Server 5.1.37Dan Nelson27 Jan
              • Re: Event feature already working in Server 5.1.37Johan De Meersman27 Jan
    • Re: Event feature already working in Server 5.1.37Joerg Bruehe26 Jan
    • Re: Event feature already working in Server 5.1.37Johan De Meersman26 Jan
Re: Event feature already working in Server 5.1.37Shawn Green26 Jan
RE: Event feature already working in Server 5.1.37John Daisley 27 Jan
RE: WAMP vs LAMPJerry Schwartz29 Jan
  • Re: WAMP vs LAMPWagner Bianchi29 Jan
    • RE: WAMP vs LAMPJerry Schwartz1 Feb
  • Re: WAMP vs LAMPShawn Green1 Feb