List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Cui Shijun Date:January 29 2010 8:52am
Subject:extend via table VS extend via database
View as plain text
hi,
   I'm using innodb engine. There are more and more rows in my table
recently, and
I've planned to extend the structure.
Assume I have testdb, the database, and testTab, the table, in ONE mysql.
There are two ways:
* extend via table, that is,
   testTab ----->  testTab_1
                ----->  testTab_2
                ----->  testTab_3

* extend via database, that is,
  testdb/testTab ------> testdb_1/testTab
                          ------> testdb_2/testTab
                          ------> testdb_3/testTab

 After the extend operation, all tables & databses will be at the SAME
mysql firstly,
then migration to newly-add other mysql on demand.

 Which way is better?
 Thank you
Thread
extend via table VS extend via databaseCui Shijun29 Jan
  • Re: extend via table VS extend via databaseJohan De Meersman29 Jan
Re: extend via table VS extend via databaseJohan De Meersman1 Feb