List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manasi Save Date:January 29 2010 6:26am
Subject:Using symlinks for database creation in mysql
View as plain text
Hi All,

I am creating symlinks as database.
I have mysql data directory created on /var/lib/mysql/databasename.

on the same path I am creating /var/lib/mydatabase
and creating symlink from /var/lib/mydatabase to  /var/lib/mysql/databasename

will there any performance issues as there will be quite a few folders and symlinks on the
same path?

Thanks in advance.

Manasi Save

Using symlinks for database creation in mysqlManasi Save29 Jan
  • Re: Using symlinks for database creation in mysqlSuresh Kuna29 Jan
    • Re: Using symlinks for database creation in mysqlprabhat kumar29 Jan
      • Re: Using symlinks for database creation in mysqlprabhat kumar29 Jan
        • Re: Using symlinks for database creation in mysqlJohan De Meersman29 Jan