List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carlos Proal Date:January 29 2010 3:52am
Subject:Re: How to change mysql default database directory
View as plain text
As Suresh and others said, you have to stop the dbms, move to content of
the dir and restart the dbms.

Also, if you have a fresh install, innodb tables will be saved on a
datafile inside the same data dir, but if is not a fresh install you may
have innodb variables (ie. innodb_data_home_dir) in the config file, and
you may need to change those too.

Carlos