List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Meyer Date:January 29 2010 2:09am
Subject:Re: Good source for sample data?
View as plain text
On 1/28/2010 4:52 PM, Brian Dunning wrote:
> Hey all -
>
> I need a few million sample contact records - name, company, address, email, web,
> phone, fax. ZIP codes and area codes and street addresses should be correct and properly
> formatted, but preferably not real people or companies or email addresses. But they'd work
> if you did address validation or mapping. Anyone have a suggestion?
>
> - Brian

You can typically rip off a list of baby names online and can randomize
them on the name address and company. e-mail, web, phone, fax and zip
codes can be randomized, depending upon how accurate you need it to be.
  Given a few hours you could write up a script in your language of
choice to get these records.
Thread
Good source for sample data?Brian Dunning29 Jan
  • Re: Good source for sample data?Shawn McKenzie29 Jan
    • RE: Good source for sample data?Jerry Schwartz29 Jan
  • Re: Good source for sample data?John Meyer29 Jan
  • Re: Good source for sample data?Nathan Rixham29 Jan
  • Re: Good source for sample data?Carlos Proal29 Jan
    • Re: Good source for sample data?John Meyer29 Jan
      • Re: Good source for sample data?Mark Goodge29 Jan
        • RE: Good source for sample data?Jerry Schwartz29 Jan
          • Re: Good source for sample data?Mark Goodge29 Jan
            • RE: Good source for sample data?Jerry Schwartz29 Jan
  • Re: Good source for sample data?Martijn Tonies29 Jan
  • Re: Good source for sample data?Martijn Tonies29 Jan
  • Re: [PHP] Good source for sample data?Brian Dunning30 Jan
    • Re: [PHP] Good source for sample data?tedd30 Jan