List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shawn McKenzie Date:January 29 2010 12:19am
Subject:Re: Good source for sample data?
View as plain text
Brian Dunning wrote:
> Hey all -
>
> I need a few million sample contact records - name, company, address, email, web,
> phone, fax. ZIP codes and area codes and street addresses should be correct and properly
> formatted, but preferably not real people or companies or email addresses. But they'd work
> if you did address validation or mapping. Anyone have a suggestion?
>
> - Brian

It should be easy to code a routine to generate random data.  Maybe 20 -
30 lines of code.  Obviously you may have a name like Dgidfgq Xcvbop and
company Wsdkn, but it shouldn't matter if testing is your purpose.

--
Thanks!
-Shawn
        • RE: Good source for sample data?Jerry Schwartz29 Jan
          • Re: Good source for sample data?Mark Goodge29 Jan
            • RE: Good source for sample data?Jerry Schwartz29 Jan
  • Re: Good source for sample data?Martijn Tonies29 Jan
  • Re: Good source for sample data?Martijn Tonies29 Jan
  • Re: [PHP] Good source for sample data?Brian Dunning30 Jan
    • Re: [PHP] Good source for sample data?tedd30 Jan