List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shawn Green Date:January 26 2010 5:44pm
Subject:Re: SCALING INSERT
View as plain text
Krishna Chandra Prajapati wrote:
> Hi shawn,
>
> As the data grows to 20 millions the insert rate will become very slow.
> In such case i am getting 2000 insert/seconds only.
>
> Therefore my objective is not achieved.
>
> I cannot slow up the insert rate of 10,000/second. I am getting data
> (inserted by users at this rate)
>
> Is there any other way to do so. (distributed servers)

As mentioned in
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/optimization.html

Many things can affect the speed at which you can import data:
* The actual size and data types of the rows you are inserting.
* The storage engine you are using
* The method you use to insert the rows (INSERT vs. INSERT (extended
format) vs LOAD DATA INFILE ...)
* The number of and types of indexes on the table you are inserting into
* The CPU or disk contention from other processes on the same machine.
* The speed of your network and or storage devices
* The use of DRBD

Full treatment of all of those factors is beyond the level of assistance
I am permitted to supply in these forums. However if you care to ask a
specific question or two I may be able to bend the rules a little.

--
Shawn Green, MySQL Senior Support Engineer
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Thread
SCALING INSERTKrishna Chandra Prajapati21 Jan
  • Re: SCALING INSERTShawn Green21 Jan
    • Re: SCALING INSERTKrishna Chandra Prajapati23 Jan
      • Re: SCALING INSERTfsb23 Jan
      • Re: SCALING INSERTShawn Green26 Jan
  • Re: SCALING INSERTwalter harms22 Jan
  • Re: SCALING INSERTAlexander Kolesen23 Jan