List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:spikerlion Date:January 26 2010 5:03pm
Subject:impact of altering ft_min_word_len
View as plain text
Hello,

we want to set the global variable ft_min_word_len from the default "four" to the value
"three".

This is needed because we want to search for words with the max. length of three
characters in one application.

I've read that after setting ft_min_word_len to the new value, a "REPAIR TABLE
<tablename> QUICK;" is required.

Now the question:
The MySQL holds more than one database but I only want to take affect the modification to
one special database. Is there a problem with indizes in other databases or can I ensure
that the affect only regards to one database?

Regards
Spiker
impact of altering ft_min_word_lenspikerlion26 Jan
  • Re: impact of altering ft_min_word_lenShawn Green26 Jan