List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:January 23 2010 6:58pm
Subject:Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemas
View as plain text
Hi,

Have you checked out our tool "Database Workbench" yet? It
includes a Schema Compare tool that generates a script.

See www.upscene.com

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Database questions? Check the forum:
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

I have a two databases, one in a production environment (let's call it
db_prod) and the other in a testing environments (Let's call it db_test).

What is the best way to synchronize the database schemas?  db_test has had a
few indexes and constraints added to several tables and I need to generate a
MySQL script to apply these changes to db_prod.  So basically I want to dump
the schemas of the two database, compare, and generate the necessary script
to apply to db_prod.

Thanks,
Randall Price

Thread
Best way to synchronize two database schemasRandall Price21 Jan
  • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasJohan De Meersman21 Jan
    • RE: Best way to synchronize two database schemasDaevid Vincent21 Jan
      • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasJohan De Meersman22 Jan
        • RE: Best way to synchronize two database schemasDaevid Vincent22 Jan
          • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasJohnny Withers22 Jan
          • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasJohan De Meersman23 Jan
  • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasAlexander Kolesen23 Jan
  • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasfsb23 Jan
    • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasHassan Schroeder23 Jan
  • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasMartijn Tonies23 Jan