List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:fsb Date:January 23 2010 6:24pm
Subject:Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemas
View as plain text
On 1/21/10 12:03 PM, "Price, Randall" <Randall.Price@stripped> wrote:

> I have a two databases, one in a production environment (let's call it
> db_prod) and the other in a testing environments (Let's call it db_test).
>
> What is the best way to synchronize the database schemas?  db_test has had a
> few indexes and constraints added to several tables and I need to generate a
> MySQL script to apply these changes to db_prod.  So basically I want to dump
> the schemas of the two database, compare, and generate the necessary script to
> apply to db_prod.

i'd use "export structure" in phpmyadmin on both dbs, then run diff on the
two export files, and write a script by hand based on the diff.

Thread
Best way to synchronize two database schemasRandall Price21 Jan
  • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasJohan De Meersman21 Jan
    • RE: Best way to synchronize two database schemasDaevid Vincent21 Jan
      • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasJohan De Meersman22 Jan
        • RE: Best way to synchronize two database schemasDaevid Vincent22 Jan
          • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasJohnny Withers22 Jan
          • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasJohan De Meersman23 Jan
  • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasAlexander Kolesen23 Jan
  • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasfsb23 Jan
    • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasHassan Schroeder23 Jan
  • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasMartijn Tonies23 Jan