List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Krishna Chandra Prajapati Date:January 23 2010 10:02am
Subject:Re: SCALING INSERT
View as plain text
Hi shawn,

As the data grows to 20 millions the insert rate will become very slow. In
such case i am getting 2000 insert/seconds only.

Therefore my objective is not achieved.

I cannot slow up the insert rate of 10,000/second. I am getting data
(inserted by users at this rate)

Is there any other way to do so. (distributed servers)

Thanks,
Krishna

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Shawn Green <Shawn.Green@stripped> wrote:

> Krishna Chandra Prajapati wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I want to insert 10000 records/sec into table.  There can be n number of
>> tables with unique data in each. What are the possible ways to do ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Krishna
>>
>>  The manual is your friend. It doesn't hurt to consult it.
>
> INSERT ...
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/insert.html
>
> LOAD DATA INFILE ...
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/load-data.html
>
> And we even have both general and specific suggestions on improving INSERT
> performance in our Optimization chapter:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/optimization.html
>
> Warmest regards,
> --
> Shawn Green, MySQL Senior Support Engineer
> Sun Microsystems, Inc.
> Office: Blountville, TN

Thread
SCALING INSERTKrishna Chandra Prajapati21 Jan
  • Re: SCALING INSERTShawn Green21 Jan
    • Re: SCALING INSERTKrishna Chandra Prajapati23 Jan
      • Re: SCALING INSERTfsb23 Jan
      • Re: SCALING INSERTShawn Green26 Jan
  • Re: SCALING INSERTwalter harms22 Jan
  • Re: SCALING INSERTAlexander Kolesen23 Jan