List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:January 21 2010 6:34pm
Subject:Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemas
View as plain text
The best way is to keep track of all individual changes to your
staging environment, including fire-and-forget style scripts; and
apply those to your production environment as needed. This is part of
the process of change management, and generally a very good idea :-)

Lacking that, there are several tools that can generate a differential
script to do exactly this. I don't really use them, but I seem to
remember that SQLyog and some expensive but excellent Quest tool could
do it.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel
Thread
Best way to synchronize two database schemasRandall Price21 Jan
  • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasJohan De Meersman21 Jan
    • RE: Best way to synchronize two database schemasDaevid Vincent21 Jan
      • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasJohan De Meersman22 Jan
        • RE: Best way to synchronize two database schemasDaevid Vincent22 Jan
          • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasJohnny Withers22 Jan
          • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasJohan De Meersman23 Jan
  • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasAlexander Kolesen23 Jan
  • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasfsb23 Jan
    • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasHassan Schroeder23 Jan
  • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasMartijn Tonies23 Jan