List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Randall Price Date:January 21 2010 5:03pm
Subject:Best way to synchronize two database schemas
View as plain text
I have a two databases, one in a production environment (let's call it db_prod) and the
other in a testing environments (Let's call it db_test).

What is the best way to synchronize the database schemas?  db_test has had a few indexes
and constraints added to several tables and I need to generate a MySQL script to apply
these changes to db_prod.  So basically I want to dump the schemas of the two database,
compare, and generate the necessary script to apply to db_prod.

Thanks,
Randall Price

Thread
Best way to synchronize two database schemasRandall Price21 Jan
  • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasJohan De Meersman21 Jan
    • RE: Best way to synchronize two database schemasDaevid Vincent21 Jan
      • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasJohan De Meersman22 Jan
        • RE: Best way to synchronize two database schemasDaevid Vincent22 Jan
          • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasJohnny Withers22 Jan
          • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasJohan De Meersman23 Jan
  • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasAlexander Kolesen23 Jan
  • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasfsb23 Jan
    • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasHassan Schroeder23 Jan
  • Re: Best way to synchronize two database schemasMartijn Tonies23 Jan