List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Krishna Chandra Prajapati Date:January 21 2010 11:00am
Subject:Selecting, Inserting and Deleting data
View as plain text
Hi List,

I am working for a messaging company, sending sms to enterprise customers.

In a mysql table data is being continuously inserted by user. Most of the
time we have 5 to 10 millions of data in this table.

Table name : alt_send_sms engine myisam

From this table, i need to select data based on below parameter. Send some
where else and then delete the selected data.

selection and deletion part is done in bulk.

SELECT sql_id, momt, sender, receiver, udhdata, msgdata, time, smsc_id,
service, account, id, sms_type, mclass, mwi, coding, compress FROM
alt_send_sms WHERE smsc_id = 'ite' ORDER BY msg_priority, sql_id LIMIT 0,20

delete from alt_send_sms where sql_id in
(....................................................)

sql_id is a unique bigint column with auto_increment.

Since the selection and deletion is done in bulk. Therefore, i cannot run
many similar concurrent queries. As duplicate messages will be send. What
can be the solution for this ?

Any response is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Krishna

Thread
Selecting, Inserting and Deleting dataKrishna Chandra Prajapati21 Jan
  • Re: Selecting, Inserting and Deleting dataSuresh Kuna21 Jan
    • Re: Selecting, Inserting and Deleting dataKrishna Chandra Prajapati21 Jan
  • Re: Selecting, Inserting and Deleting dataShawn Green21 Jan