List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 12 2010 7:30pm
Subject:Re: upgrading mysql
View as plain text
On Jan 12, 2010, at 12:36 PM, Lawrence Sorrillo wrote:

> Hi:
> I want to ensure that right after the reload that the same data is present in both
> the master and the slave. They are in perfect sync. Then I think its safe to consider
> starting binary logging and replication etc. And after these are started, changes can
> start?
> And in setting up replication in this manner I would not use the CHANGE MASTER... I
> will just
> master-connect-retry=60
> master-user=auser
> master-password=apassword
> in the my.cnf file and restart the slave server. From there it should start reading
> the binary logs and committing changes properly.
> Is this correct?

You're upgrading to MySQL 5.1, for which several of those options no longer have any
effect.  Better to use CHANGE MASTER. See:

Paul DuBois
Sun Microsystems / MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA

upgrading mysqlLawrence Sorrillo12 Jan
  • Re: upgrading mysqlTom Worster12 Jan
    • RE: upgrading mysqlJoshua Gordon12 Jan
    • Re: upgrading mysqlLawrence Sorrillo12 Jan
      • Re: upgrading mysqlTom Worster12 Jan
        • Re: upgrading mysqlSuresh Kuna13 Jan
        • Re: upgrading mysqlLawrence Sorrillo13 Jan
          • Re: upgrading mysqlfsb13 Jan
          • Re: upgrading mysqlPaul DuBois14 Jan
  • Re: upgrading mysqlShawn Green12 Jan
    • Re: upgrading mysqlLawrence Sorrillo12 Jan
      • Re: upgrading mysqlPaul DuBois12 Jan
  • file per table performanceBryan Cantwell12 Jan
    • Re: file per table performanceJohnny Withers12 Jan