I want to upgrade a master and slave server from mysql 4.1 to mysql 5.1.
I want to so something like follows:
1. Stop all write access to the master server.
2. Ensure that replication on the slave is caught up to the last change
on the master.
3. stop binary logging on the master.
4. stop replication on the slave.
5. dump the master, stop old 4.1 server, start new 5.1 server and reload
master dump file under 5.1 server ( binary logging is turned off)
6. dump the slave, stop old 4.1 server, start new 5.1 server and reload
slave dump file under 5.1 server.
7. After loading is complete, test then start binary logging on master
while still preventing updates to updates.
8. After loading slave, test then start slave (get configs in place and
I am thinking that in this scenario I dont have to bother with recording
binlog file names and position etc etc.
That both servers will have the same databases abd replication and
binary logging will start on the two databases with no data loss and