List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Keith Murphy Date:January 11 2010 3:38pm
Subject:Re: tmp tables
View as plain text
Victor,

Don't want to butt in, and not trying to be rude, but he gave you advice.
You don't seem inclined to take it. How else can he, or anyone else, help
you? Clearly you don't understand some fundamental issue about relational
databases. If you can't just accept his suggestion to put all carts in one
table as the way to do it then there really isn't anything else to say.

My 2 cents :)

keith

--
Chief Training Officer
Paragon Consulting Services

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Victor Subervi <victorsubervi@stripped>wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Baron Schwartz <baron@stripped> wrote:
>
> > Victor,
> >
> > > That strikes me as messy. Each tmp table has as many rows as necessary
> > for
> > > the products that are to be bough. To do as you say I would have to
> > create a
> > > table with a zillion rows to accommodate however many products I
> > *predict*
> > > buyers would buy. Therefore, I guess I should probably create a new
> > database
> > > so as to not make a mess of the main database.
> >
> > You fundamentally misunderstand relational database design.  I suggest
> > reading this book:
> >

> http://www.xaprb.com/blog/2009/08/22/a-review-of-beginning-database-design-by-clare-churcher/
> >

> LOL. Ok, I'll put it on my list. *In the meantime*, since I am reworking my
> database design for the shopping cart I just finished building and need to
> get this up __n_o_w__, what would your advice be?
>

> > Regards,
> > Baron
> >
> > --
> > Baron Schwartz
> > Percona Inc: Services and Support for MySQL
> > http://www.percona.com/
> >

> --
> The Logos has come to bear
> http://logos.13gems.com/