List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Date:January 8 2010 4:04am
Subject:RE: table export in cron
View as plain text
On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 15:48:24 +0200, "machiel.richards"
<machiel.richards@stripped> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> 	What the Oracle guys found was that some of the fields were blank even
> 	though the fields were configured as not nullable.
>
> 	I found that where this is the case, the users entered a blank space
> 	which is then counted as a character and is thus not null.
>
> 	This is causing all kinds of havoc for them as Oracle apparently still
> 	sees this as nulls.

I'm not sure what export method you're using, but you should be able to
fix this by specifying to quote fields.

Dan
Thread
table export in cronmachiel.richards6 Jan
  • Re: table export in cronGary Smith6 Jan
  • Re: table export in cronMikhail Berman6 Jan
    • Re: table export in cronsureshkumarilu6 Jan
Re: table export in cronMichael Dykman6 Jan
Re: table export in cronNicola Salvemini7 Jan
  • RE: table export in cronmachiel.richards7 Jan
    • Re: table export in cronJoerg Bruehe7 Jan
    • RE: table export in cronDan8 Jan