List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Date:January 8 2010 4:04am
Subject:RE: table export in cron
View as plain text
On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 15:48:24 +0200, "machiel.richards"
<machiel.richards@stripped> wrote:

> Hi All
> 	What the Oracle guys found was that some of the fields were blank even
> 	though the fields were configured as not nullable.
> 	I found that where this is the case, the users entered a blank space
> 	which is then counted as a character and is thus not null.
> 	This is causing all kinds of havoc for them as Oracle apparently still
> 	sees this as nulls.

I'm not sure what export method you're using, but you should be able to
fix this by specifying to quote fields.

table export in cronmachiel.richards6 Jan
  • Re: table export in cronGary Smith6 Jan
  • Re: table export in cronMikhail Berman6 Jan
    • Re: table export in cronsureshkumarilu6 Jan
Re: table export in cronMichael Dykman6 Jan
Re: table export in cronNicola Salvemini7 Jan
  • RE: table export in cronmachiel.richards7 Jan
    • Re: table export in cronJoerg Bruehe7 Jan
    • RE: table export in cronDan8 Jan