List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:machiel.richards Date:January 7 2010 1:48pm
Subject:RE: table export in cron
View as plain text
Hi All

	Well I had some fun writing this cron , easy enough with all the help you guys gave me...

	Just some interesting info I want to share, maybe someone came across this and can also
give some thoughts...

	What the Oracle guys found was that some of the fields were blank even though the fields
were configured as not nullable.

	I found that where this is the case, the users entered a blank space which is then
counted as a character and is thus not null.

	This is causing all kinds of havoc for them as Oracle apparently still sees this as
nulls.

Regards