List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manasi Save Date:January 7 2010 4:16am
Subject:Re: mysql Create table in system database
View as plain text
Hi Johan,

Is it possible to do such manipulation in NDB, the way innodb works.

Thanks in advance.

  Manasi Save

Quoting Johan De Meersman :

       File permissions ? SE Linux ? AppArmor ?

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 7:48 AM, Manasi Save  wrote:

       Thanks Shawn for the quick response.

But then What I am doing is I am doing copy paste of one database and
rename it to another. but I cannot read the tables inside it.

Can you tell me what might be the possible reason for that.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Manasi Save

> Hello Manasi,
>
> Manasi Save wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Can anyone give me any input on How mysql create table write data into
>> system database and where it has been stored besides information_schema.
>>
>> Is there any article on mysql System Databases anyone went through as I
>> am
>> not able to find it on Google.
>>
>> I want to write a table information in mysql system database. Can anyone
>> help me on this.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>

> MySQL does not store that information within an internal table. The
> basic information for each table is stored within a .frm file stored in
> the file system. The various additional pieces of metadata for each
> storage engine are maintained in methods specific to those storage
> engine. The information you see in the many tables exposed through
> INFORMATION_SCHEMA is generated dynamically based on the results of
> polling those separate sources of metadata at the time of your query.
>
> quoting from
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/information-schema.html
> ~~
> Inside INFORMATION_SCHEMA there are several read-only tables. They are
> actually views, not base tables, so there are no files associated with
> them.
> ~~
>
> More details are available in the manual:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/myisam-storage-engine.html
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/innodb-table-and-index.html
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/se-db2.html
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/merge-storage-engine.html
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/memory-storage-engine.html

Re: mysql Create table in system databaseManasi Save7 Jan
  • Re: mysql Create table in system databaseSuresh Kuna7 Jan