List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:January 6 2010 7:47pm
Subject:Re: Binary Logging
View as plain text
Yes, your settings will be fine.  If you were already supporting
slaves which might remain dis-connected for extended periods of time,
you would have to take that into account when setting the purge
interval.

You don't need current binary logs for future slaves.  You new slave
will start with a snapshot of the current state of the master
(excepting the binary logs) and only the binary logs produced by the
master from that point forward matter.

 - michael dykman