List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:machiel.richards Date:January 6 2010 2:13pm
Subject:table export in cron
View as plain text
Hi all

                I have a question regarding exporting of tables to a file
from mysql.

                We need to export tables from mysql to a delimeted file
which will then be imported into another database (oracle).

                We can do this manually from within mysql using the
following command:

                                select * from <table> into outfile
'/path/to/output/file' fields terminated by '|';

                This needs to be configured though to be run in a cron once
every week at a specific time.

                How can we do this when running in a cron script?

                Your assistance is appreciated.

table export in cronmachiel.richards6 Jan
  • Re: table export in cronGary Smith6 Jan
  • Re: table export in cronMikhail Berman6 Jan
    • Re: table export in cronsureshkumarilu6 Jan
Re: table export in cronMichael Dykman6 Jan
Re: table export in cronNicola Salvemini7 Jan
  • RE: table export in cronmachiel.richards7 Jan
    • Re: table export in cronJoerg Bruehe7 Jan
    • RE: table export in cronDan8 Jan