List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lawrence Sorrillo Date:January 5 2010 8:19pm
Subject:Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excel
View as plain text
Carsten:

Can you demonstrate this?

~Lawrence

Carsten Pedersen wrote:
> Is there any particular reason not to use the MySQL ODBC driver to
> import the data directly into Excel?
>
> / Carsten
>
> Jim Lyons skrev:
>> A command to convert the table mytab in database mydb into a
>> tab-delimited
>> file mytab.txt might be:
>>
>> mysql -e'select * from mydb.mytab' -sss  > mytab.txt
>>
>> The -sss is necessary to remove all the formatting stuff that you
>> normally
>> have in the output of a select statement.
>>
>> An alternative, if you have a directory *** that mysql can write to ***:
>>
>> mysqldump --tab="/home/mysql/temp" mydb mytab
>>
>> This will create 2 files in /home/mysql/temp:  mytab.txt and
>> mytab.sql.  The
>> one you'll want is in mytab.txt.
>>
>> Then use what transfer tool you have, ftp, scp, winscp, rsync to
>> transfer
>> the file to another server.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 7:31 AM, ishaq gbola <ishaqgbo@stripped>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks a lot for that, but where does this file get saved in and how
>>> can i
>>> copy it to my local host if the database is on a remote server

Exporting the result of a Query into excelishaq gbola5 Jan
  • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJay Ess5 Jan
    • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelishaq gbola5 Jan
      • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJay Ess5 Jan
        • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelishaq gbola5 Jan
          • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelsureshkumarilu5 Jan
      • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelsureshkumarilu5 Jan
      • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJim Lyons5 Jan
        • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelCarsten Pedersen5 Jan
          • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelLawrence Sorrillo5 Jan
          • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJim Lyons5 Jan
  • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJim Lyons5 Jan
  • RE: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJason Trebilcock6 Jan
Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelishaq gbola5 Jan
  • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelsureshkumarilu5 Jan
  • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelMichael Dykman5 Jan