List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carsten Pedersen Date:January 5 2010 7:50pm
Subject:Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excel
View as plain text
Is there any particular reason not to use the MySQL ODBC driver to
import the data directly into Excel?

/ Carsten

Jim Lyons skrev:
> A command to convert the table mytab in database mydb into a tab-delimited
> file mytab.txt might be:
>
> mysql -e'select * from mydb.mytab' -sss  > mytab.txt
>
> The -sss is necessary to remove all the formatting stuff that you normally
> have in the output of a select statement.
>
> An alternative, if you have a directory *** that mysql can write to ***:
>
> mysqldump --tab="/home/mysql/temp" mydb mytab
>
> This will create 2 files in /home/mysql/temp:  mytab.txt and mytab.sql.  The
> one you'll want is in mytab.txt.
>
> Then use what transfer tool you have, ftp, scp, winscp, rsync to transfer
> the file to another server.
>
> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 7:31 AM, ishaq gbola <ishaqgbo@stripped> wrote:
>
>> Thanks a lot for that, but where does this file get saved in and how can i
>> copy it to my local host if the database is on a remote server

Exporting the result of a Query into excelishaq gbola5 Jan
  • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJay Ess5 Jan
    • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelishaq gbola5 Jan
      • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJay Ess5 Jan
        • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelishaq gbola5 Jan
          • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelsureshkumarilu5 Jan
      • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelsureshkumarilu5 Jan
      • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJim Lyons5 Jan
        • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelCarsten Pedersen5 Jan
          • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelLawrence Sorrillo5 Jan
          • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJim Lyons5 Jan
  • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJim Lyons5 Jan
  • RE: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJason Trebilcock6 Jan
Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelishaq gbola5 Jan
  • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelsureshkumarilu5 Jan
  • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelMichael Dykman5 Jan