List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Moishe Weiss Date:January 5 2010 4:23pm
Subject:MySQL 5.1 does not work on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and Power PC
View as plain text
I would like to note to the MySQL development team that there is no download available for
MySQL 5 Community Edition for a Mac Power PC and
OS X 10.5. There is a MySQL 4/PPC/OSX 10.4 download and there is a MySQL 5/Intel/OSX 10.5
download.

I tried the MySQL 5.1 /x86-64/OSX 10.5 download and it installed (including the actual
MySQL package, the startup package and the preference pane). However it did not work
right. The preference pane caused Preferences.app to crash repeatedly, so I had to remove
it.
 mysql, mysqld and mysqladmin all return "bad CPU type in executable".

I ran a script I found (I don't remember the script, but I think it was a Mac-specific
service starter) to start MySQL and it said that it started MySQL okay.
I tried installing the MySQL 4/PPC/OS 10.4 download aftwerwards and it would not install
because the newer version of MySQL exists.
My setup is: iMac G5 PowerPC; OS 10.5.8; Apache 2.2.13; php 5.2.11

more info is available on http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?117,297852,297852#msg-297852
Thanks

Thread
MySQL 5.1 does not work on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and Power PCMoishe Weiss5 Jan