List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:January 5 2010 4:38pm
Subject:Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excel
View as plain text
>>TAC for the NMS using the database adviced me not to use a msqlclient for it, that
> it could break the database???

You are being given a false argument.  If the application which
connects to MySQL is running on that windows box then there already is
a MySQL client on that machine, albeit a specialized one.  Putting a
plain old client console on that same box does not hurt anything, not
even security unless you leave a text file full of passwords laying
around.  Having that console on the same host as the application is
invaluable not only for data-dumping jobs like this one, but for all
kinds of trouble shooting in general.

 - michael dykman

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 8:42 AM, ishaq gbola <ishaqgbo@stripped> wrote:
> Am running windows on my local host and Redhat linux on the remote server, I have no
> mysql client on local host. TAC for the NMS using the database adviced me not to use a
> msqlclient for it, that it could break the database???

 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 May the Source be with you.
Thread
Exporting the result of a Query into excelishaq gbola5 Jan
  • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJay Ess5 Jan
    • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelishaq gbola5 Jan
      • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJay Ess5 Jan
        • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelishaq gbola5 Jan
          • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelsureshkumarilu5 Jan
      • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelsureshkumarilu5 Jan
      • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJim Lyons5 Jan
        • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelCarsten Pedersen5 Jan
          • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelLawrence Sorrillo5 Jan
          • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJim Lyons5 Jan
  • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJim Lyons5 Jan
  • RE: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJason Trebilcock6 Jan
Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelishaq gbola5 Jan
  • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelsureshkumarilu5 Jan
  • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelMichael Dykman5 Jan