List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Lyons Date:January 5 2010 4:27pm
Subject:Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excel
View as plain text
A command to convert the table mytab in database mydb into a tab-delimited
file mytab.txt might be:

mysql -e'select * from mydb.mytab' -sss  > mytab.txt

The -sss is necessary to remove all the formatting stuff that you normally
have in the output of a select statement.

An alternative, if you have a directory *** that mysql can write to ***:

mysqldump --tab="/home/mysql/temp" mydb mytab

This will create 2 files in /home/mysql/temp:  mytab.txt and mytab.sql.  The
one you'll want is in mytab.txt.

Then use what transfer tool you have, ftp, scp, winscp, rsync to transfer
the file to another server.

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 7:31 AM, ishaq gbola <ishaqgbo@stripped> wrote:

> Thanks a lot for that, but where does this file get saved in and how can i
> copy it to my local host if the database is on a remote server

Jim Lyons
Web developer / Database administrator
http://www.weblyons.com

Thread
Exporting the result of a Query into excelishaq gbola5 Jan
  • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJay Ess5 Jan
    • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelishaq gbola5 Jan
      • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJay Ess5 Jan
        • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelishaq gbola5 Jan
          • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelsureshkumarilu5 Jan
      • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelsureshkumarilu5 Jan
      • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJim Lyons5 Jan
        • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelCarsten Pedersen5 Jan
          • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelLawrence Sorrillo5 Jan
          • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJim Lyons5 Jan
  • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJim Lyons5 Jan
  • RE: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJason Trebilcock6 Jan
Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelishaq gbola5 Jan
  • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelsureshkumarilu5 Jan
  • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelMichael Dykman5 Jan