List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Lyons Date:January 5 2010 1:27pm
Subject:Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excel
View as plain text
You can use the --xml option to the mysql command to get xnl output.  You
can also get a tab-delimited output file that can be read into Excel (this
is what I usually do).

To get a tab-delimited file, you can use the --tab option of mysqldump or
start up the mysql program with the -sss option and do a select on the data
you want, redirecting it into an output file.

--
Jim Lyons
Web developer / Database administrator

Thread
Exporting the result of a Query into excelishaq gbola5 Jan
  • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJay Ess5 Jan
    • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelishaq gbola5 Jan
      • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJay Ess5 Jan
        • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelishaq gbola5 Jan
          • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelsureshkumarilu5 Jan
      • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelsureshkumarilu5 Jan
      • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJim Lyons5 Jan
        • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelCarsten Pedersen5 Jan
          • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelLawrence Sorrillo5 Jan
          • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJim Lyons5 Jan
  • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJim Lyons5 Jan
  • RE: Exporting the result of a Query into excelJason Trebilcock6 Jan
Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelishaq gbola5 Jan
  • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelsureshkumarilu5 Jan
  • Re: Exporting the result of a Query into excelMichael Dykman5 Jan