List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<carsten Date:January 4 2010 9:20am
Subject:Re: Mysql Certification exams
View as plain text
Hi Machiel,

First of all, obligatory disclaimer: Until 2007, I was in charge of the
MySQL certification exams. I'm also co-author of the book I'm about to
recommend, but I receive no sales royalties. All of which means that I'm
biased and my knowledge may be a bit rusty, but hopefully still useful :-)

The best resource for self-study ought to be the MySQL 5 Certification
Study Guide,
http://www.amazon.com/MySQL-5-0-Certification-Study-Guide/dp/0672328127/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262596558&sr=8-1

The book has received very favorable feedback from those doing
self-studying for the certification exams. Along with the book you get a
number of self-study questions to help you check whether you have
understood the material. The questions are open-ended/discussion questions,
not multiple-choice like on the exams.

Also make sure to read the candidate guide on the mysql web site before
you go to the exam. It has a lot of valuable hints.

Best of luck on the exam!

/ Carsten

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 08:06:12 +0200, "machiel.richards"
<machiel.richards@stripped> wrote:
> Good day all
>

>                 I hope that someone can help me out with some resources.
>

>                 Due to lack of interest my MySQL training was cancelled
in
> December.
>

>                 However I need to get certified (MySQL DBA) ASAP and
need
> do this on book knowledge and a bit of experience alone.
>

>                 Due to the cost for the exams I cannot afford to fail
any
> one of the two exams.
>

>                 I am trying to get hold of sample exams, etc... that I
can
> use for preparation to the exams in order to test myself and make sure
that
> I have all the knowledge I need.
>

>                 Does anybody know where I can look for these?
>

> Regards
>
> Machiel
>

> !DSPAM:451,4b41859b3567878853768!
Thread
Mysql Certification examsmachiel.richards4 Jan
  • Re: Mysql Certification examsbharani kumar4 Jan
  • Re: Mysql Certification examsRob Wultsch4 Jan
  • Re: Mysql Certification examsClaudio Nanni4 Jan
Re: Mysql Certification examscarsten4 Jan
  • Re: Mysql Certification examsClaudio Nanni4 Jan