List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Patrice Olivier-Wilson Date:January 2 2010 7:59pm
Subject:Re: Importing table contents
View as plain text
Gary Smith wrote:
> Patrice Olivier-Wilson wrote:
>> I have 2 databases, different domains. Both have a table named
>> 'tips'... both have different contents in the table.
>> Using phpMyAdmin for GUI.
>>
>> I want to export databaseA tips as sql (done) then import content
>> into databaseB tips. But when I run that operation, the databaseB
>> says that there is already a table named tips in databaseB.
>>
>> Yep, know that... I want to bring in the contents...not make a new
>> table.
>>
>> Any help, most appreciated....
> When you export, PHPMyAdmin has the option to add drop table. This
> will drop the existing table structure and create a new one as it was
> when it was exported. Is this what you're after?
>
> Gary

I have data I need to keep in both db.... just trying to merge.

--
Patrice Olivier-Wilson
888-385-7217

Thread
Importing table contentsPatrice Olivier-Wilson2 Jan
  • Re: Importing table contentsGary Smith2 Jan
    • Re: Importing table contentsPatrice Olivier-Wilson2 Jan
      • Re: Importing table contentsGary Smith2 Jan
        • Re: Importing table contentsPatrice Olivier-Wilson2 Jan
          • Re: Importing table contentsGary Smith3 Jan
            • Re: Importing table contentsPatrice Olivier-Wilson3 Jan