List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gary Smith Date:January 2 2010 7:54pm
Subject:Re: Importing table contents
View as plain text
Patrice Olivier-Wilson wrote:
> I have 2 databases, different domains. Both have a table named
> 'tips'... both have different contents in the table.
> Using phpMyAdmin for GUI.
>
> I want to export databaseA tips as sql (done) then import content into
> databaseB tips. But when I run that operation, the databaseB says that
> there is already a table named tips in databaseB.
>
> Yep, know that... I want to bring in the contents...not make a new table.
>
> Any help, most appreciated....
When you export, PHPMyAdmin has the option to add drop table. This will
drop the existing table structure and create a new one as it was when it
was exported. Is this what you're after?

Gary
Thread
Importing table contentsPatrice Olivier-Wilson2 Jan
  • Re: Importing table contentsGary Smith2 Jan
    • Re: Importing table contentsPatrice Olivier-Wilson2 Jan
      • Re: Importing table contentsGary Smith2 Jan
        • Re: Importing table contentsPatrice Olivier-Wilson2 Jan
          • Re: Importing table contentsGary Smith3 Jan
            • Re: Importing table contentsPatrice Olivier-Wilson3 Jan