List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudio Nanni Date:December 30 2009 7:59pm
Subject:Re: Aborted_connects is incresing repidly
View as plain text
Waltet, I think you are not the only one shooting in the dark, in this case
reading the manual can really help.
aborted_connects is increased by a failed attempt to connect to MySQL (wrong
password?) but NOT by a timed-out client.
Could be a cron job setup with some credentials that were changed without
updating it, or other similar things. There is a very bad habit of not
setting the root password (or to put it in the my.cnf) so sometimes mysql
client is considered just a bash command and included as it in scripts. As
long as you dont experience problems the simple increase of the value is not
a critical issue.
Check the logs of the application(s) ,if any, to see if some part of it is
actually affected.

Cheers
Claudio

On 30 dec 2009 20:31, "Walter Heck - OlinData.com" <lists@stripped>