List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Giragosian Date:December 29 2009 12:17am
Subject:Re: Is anything ever equal to NULL?
View as plain text
On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Carsten Pedersen <carsten@stripped>wrote:

> David Giragosian skrev:
>
>> On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 2:32 PM, D. Dante Lorenso <dante@stripped>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Will anything ever be equal to NULL in a SELECT query?

>  What's so special about NULL?
>>>

>> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/working-with-null.html
>>
>> Should answer some of your questions, Dante.
>>

> Oddly enough, that page fails to mention the <=> operator for which NULL
> does indeed equal NULL.
>

> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/comparison-operators.html#operator_equal-to
>
> / Carsten

Good pick-up, Carsten. And that's definitely a new concept for me.

David

--

There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for
bread.- Mother Teresa

Thread
Is anything ever equal to NULL?D. Dante Lorenso28 Dec
  • Re: Is anything ever equal to NULL?Michael Dykman28 Dec
  • Re: Is anything ever equal to NULL?David Giragosian28 Dec
    • Re: Is anything ever equal to NULL?Carsten Pedersen28 Dec
      • Re: Is anything ever equal to NULL?David Giragosian29 Dec
  • Re: Is anything ever equal to NULL?Martijn Tonies28 Dec
    • Re: Is anything ever equal to NULL?D. Dante Lorenso29 Dec
    • Re: Is anything ever equal to NULL?Joerg Bruehe29 Dec
  • Re: Is anything ever equal to NULL?Martijn Tonies29 Dec