List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ken D'Ambrosio Date:December 28 2009 2:24pm
Subject:Database fundamentals: wanna learn.
View as plain text
Hey, all.  I've been using databases clear back to xBase days; that being
said, I've never had a solid foundation for relational databases.  While I
can muddle by in SQL, I really don't have a good understanding of exactly
how keys are set up, the underpinnings of indexing, and, oh, lots of
ground-level stuff.  Call me a "user", and you'd be right -- an
administrator of databases?  Not so much.

So, any suggestions -- books, courses, web sites, what-have-you -- that I
should be hitting up so I can have a better grasp of what's going on
behind the scenes?

Thanks!

-Ken

believed to be clean.

Thread
Database fundamentals: wanna learn.Ken D'Ambrosio28 Dec
  • Re: Database fundamentals: wanna learn.Claudio Nanni28 Dec
    • Re: Database fundamentals: wanna learn.Mike OK28 Dec
  • Re: Database fundamentals: wanna learn.Peter Brawley28 Dec
  • Re: Database fundamentals: wanna learn.Martijn Tonies28 Dec
  • Re: Database fundamentals: wanna learn.Gary Smith28 Dec