List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jose de Leon Date:December 23 1999 2:08am
Subject:Re: Storing images in tables for web pages?
View as plain text
Hello,

Do you have some example code for storing images in the database.  I'm doing
something similar but storing binary files on the filesystem, but storing
paths in the database.  I'm doing this because I don't want searching to
slow down when the image is in the same table being searched.  But then I
thought I could just create a relational link to the image/binary table
without needing to search that table.

I'm afraid of a database getting out of synch. like you mentioned.  My other
concern is that if I store in the DB, I may reach a filesize limit as the
image/binary database could be as much as 20GB or more.  That is the main
reason I store only paths.