List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tavaris Thomas Date:April 21 1999 9:02pm
Subject:using an insert in the C API query function
View as plain text
To whom it may concern:

I am running MySQL ver 3.22.20a
My compiler is egcs 1.1.2 on a SUN Ultra 1 with Solaris 2.6
I am trying to write CGIs to access MySQL via a web browser. (written in C)

I am trying to pass a string into my mysql_query function call (using INSERT
as the MySQL command)
The mysql_query command (takes the MySQL command in quotes)
My string is declared as  char *input;
as is being passed into a function as a parameter.

here is what I have:
  // Send the query to the database
   if (mysql_query(&mysql, "INSERT INTO test VALUES('input')") != 0) {
      printf("Error sending query: %s\n", mysql_error(&mysql));
      return (2);

The above does not work because the input is in the quotes(ie its putting
the word input into my table not the value of table)
How do I pass the variable into an INSERT command?
I couldn't find any examples in the client code.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Tavaris
tavaris@stripped

Thread
using an insert in the C API query functionTavaris Thomas22 Apr
  • Re: using an insert in the C API query functionSasha Pachev22 Apr