List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carlos Proal Date:December 23 2009 9:18pm
Subject:Re: HELP! "RESET MASTER" hosed replication
View as plain text
Yep, It might not be needed to sync, but its better to double check ;).

Carlos

On 12/23/2009 2:44 PM, Claudio Nanni wrote:

> In this case it should not be needed to sync the slave,
> Resetting the master basically broke the 'pipe' but events are still
> on the new binary logs, it might have lost some event in some
> unfortunate case, but anyway it is probably for now to put slave back
> on track, check and eventually resync.
> Ciao
> Claudio
>
>> On 23 dec 2009 21:35, "Carlos Proal" <carlos.proal@stripped
>> <mailto:carlos.proal@stripped>> wrote:
>>

>> The issue is that replication relies on  this logs !!!, so when you
>> deleted them .....
>> Generally speaking you have to:
>> > stop the slave
>> > sync the master with the slave (there are several ways to do this
>> and depending how busy is your master)
>> >grab the master status (position)
>> >change the slave to point to the master new position
>> >start the slave
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Carlos
>>
>> On 12/23/2009 2:20 PM, Daevid Vincent wrote: > > I got an alert that
>> one of the drives was filling...

Thread
HELP! "RESET MASTER" hosed replicationDaevid Vincent23 Dec
  • Re: HELP! "RESET MASTER" hosed replicationClaudio Nanni23 Dec
  • Re: HELP! "RESET MASTER" hosed replicationCarlos Proal23 Dec
    • Re: HELP! "RESET MASTER" hosed replicationClaudio Nanni23 Dec
      • Re: HELP! "RESET MASTER" hosed replicationCarlos Proal23 Dec
    • Re: HELP! "RESET MASTER" hosed replicationprabhat kumar23 Dec
      • RE: HELP! "RESET MASTER" hosed replicationDaevid Vincent23 Dec